PL Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gearing up for WotLK?

4 posters

Go down

Gearing up for WotLK? Empty Gearing up for WotLK?

Post  Renaut Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:14 am

Hi guys,

I need some advice. I have a bit of a dilema. As some of you may already know.. I BLOODY HATE WSGGGG!!!!

Of course, getting s2 in preparation for arena is something that all PVPers must do - however... with WotLK around the corner.. is there any point in suffering WSG? All the current gear is lvl 70 and the experience of hitting 60 and going to outlands where the gear I took with me is suddenly so shit it isn't even funny any more...

Won't even S3/S4 gear become obselete once the race to lvl 80 begins...? What should I do?!

HAAAALP! big grin

Cheers.
Renaut
Dancing Phoenix
Dancing Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 172
Motto : Only x levels to go... Almost there
Registration date : 2008-06-05

http://www.loveshy.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Gearing up for WotLK? Empty Re: Gearing up for WotLK?

Post  aiten Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Do enough wsg to get enough marks you need and then stop going there. thats what i did when i needed stuff.
aiten
aiten
Spambot Phoenix
Spambot Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 1992
Motto : Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Registration date : 2008-03-20

http://twitter.com/#!/AWJSmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Serbiansword Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:47 pm

I can't find the exact quote, but blizz said that epix from BC will be good at least for some time in Lich, which is normal if you remember those guys from DND wearing tier 3 (Naxx drops) on lvl 65. So gear up as much as you can because I'm pretty sure that you can wear your merci set untill you ding 75 or 76.

EDIT

And 1 more thing. Blizz also said that the gear in Lich won't have so much sta as gear in BC, so you can count that you will have more HP in merci than in some lvl 72 set ( at least I hope so Smile)
Serbiansword
Serbiansword
Honorable Guest
Honorable Guest

Male
Number of posts : 376
Motto : Crit them all!
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Bufasu Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:32 am

Well it all depends. We still have some months till WoTlk comes out, so if you wanna have some pvp fun you'll just have to go through that wsg hell.

However the pvp section of the guild which has been quiet for some time will be up and running again very soon. We'll be doing loads of BG premades then and you should be able to get the marks you need from an evening or two with your pvp officers.

Otherwise you can always buy the blue pvp set from various faction vendors in outlands. It's a good starting point for doing arena.

Lastly you can also buy s2 gear for tier5 tokens or s1 gear for tier4 on the isle of qual'thanas.

Plenty of opportunities I guess. Hope you'll find your way
Bufasu
Bufasu
Phunky Phoenix
Phunky Phoenix

Number of posts : 327
Motto : A good penguin is a dead penguin
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Serbiansword Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:31 pm

My suggestion is to w8 for an AV week and then play non stop like a lunatic until you grind some 40K of honor through the whole weekend. Getting the marks can be hard, but again it takes you 1-3 days to get 20 of any BG marks (and that's when you're playing just for a 2h every day).
Serbiansword
Serbiansword
Honorable Guest
Honorable Guest

Male
Number of posts : 376
Motto : Crit them all!
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Renaut Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:33 pm

I'm getting there slowly, thanks for the info gents!

I want to get fully geared to stand a decent chance in arena long before WoltLK comes out - I think I have resolved to do that much... let's see what happens.
Renaut
Dancing Phoenix
Dancing Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 172
Motto : Only x levels to go... Almost there
Registration date : 2008-06-05

http://www.loveshy.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum