PL Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy!

+4
JimmEH?
Cim
Serbiansword
Nyax
8 posters

Go down

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Empty World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy!

Post  Nyax Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:51 am

The Spanking Phoenixes proudly present:
Undercity Raid!

This raid is meant to be fun for everyone (lvl70), be you PvE'er, n00b PvP'er or Wtfpwning Imba PvP'er! thumbs up

The goal is to kill Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner of Undercity! ShootEm

The journey begins in Stranglethorn Vale, at the Zul'Gurub meeting stone. From here we will head west and take the Horde base camp, Grom'Gol.

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Stranglethorn

When we gain control over the tower in the center of Grom'Gol, we will take the Zeppelin to the town of Brill in the Horde territory Tirisfal Glades.

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Zeppelin

We will cross Tirisfal Glades to the back entrance of Undercity located to the south west of Brill.

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Tirisfalglades
World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Backentrance

The back entrance is a tunnel leading through the sewer of Undercity, and is used as the Horde flightpath to Undercity. We have to move fast through this tunnel, to minimize the risk of being spotted from air.

When we enter Undercity, we will move directly to the throne room of Sylvanas.

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Undercity

We will regroup and rinse right before we enter the throne room.

Inside the throne room, we need to clear the whole outer circle the room before we kill Sylvanas, she will not aggro.

Dark Lady Sylvanas Windrunner and her demon minion, are level ?? boss elites. With a tank on each the fight should be pretty straight foreward. Spank'n'Tank!

Important
Obviously, a raid like this trigger a certain amount of Horde attention. At the raid, the raid leaders will the group into two. Those mainly responsible for the PvE part and those mainly responsible for the PvP part. This just means that if we are under pressure, the PvE guys will focus on making sure the raid isn't wiped by NPCs, while the PvP guys keep the Hordies off our backs.

While we are in Undercity it is very important that we move together as a group sticking tight together. Do not run off in some direction chasing a Horde.

If someone dies they must be ressed by one of our healers. The graveyard is all the way up by Scarlet Monestary, so running back is likely not an option. Thus, make sure all our healers don't die! And if you have Goblin Jumper Cables, make sure to bring them.

About the guard spawn system

There is no longer such a thing as a dishonorable kill! (Civilian NPC)

This has been replaced by a system of guard spawns. If you are close to what used to be a civilian NPC, this will spawn a lvl 65 guard. If you kill the guard and leave the NPC, another guard will spawn. But if you kill the civilian NPC, no more guards will spawn!

So make sure to immediately kill any low lvl Horde NPC we encounter ShootEm ! big grin

As usual sign-up is through the DKP site.

Huggzzz and Kisssezzz
~The Spanking Phoenixes ShootEm
Nyax
Nyax
Jumping Phoenix
Jumping Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 67
Motto : WoW !
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Empty Re: World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy!

Post  Serbiansword Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:09 am

I've joined the guild today and I was really happy when I saw this topic, but then I checked the raid planner... Sad
Is there any chance of getting back the Undercity on the raid list?
Serbiansword
Serbiansword
Honorable Guest
Honorable Guest

Male
Number of posts : 376
Motto : Crit them all!
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy! Empty Re: World PvP Event: Undercity raid strategy!

Post  Cim Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:01 am

I should hope so, these raids are so much fun!
Cim
Cim
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7542
Motto : Every good post deserves a reply!
Registration date : 2007-10-23

https://phoenixlegends.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  JimmEH? Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 am

it was fun right up to the point that the entire populace of undercity turned on us Sad
when theres a raid on the gnome king we just let him die... cant they do the same for us? :silent:
JimmEH?
JimmEH?
Phunky Phoenix
Phunky Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 272
Motto : Just because I can, doesn't mean I should
Registration date : 2007-10-30

http://www.thechap.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Serbiansword Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Ye, but when they come for Magni we beat the hell out of them (as often as we can big grin ).
Serbiansword
Serbiansword
Honorable Guest
Honorable Guest

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Renaut Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:15 am

Please revive this u_u I finally made lvl 70!
Renaut
Dancing Phoenix
Dancing Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 172
Motto : Only x levels to go... Almost there
Registration date : 2008-06-05

http://www.loveshy.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhoff Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 am

Yeah let's kill some horde-leaders. Would be awesome
Jhoff
Jhoff
Spambot Phoenix
Spambot Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 4683
Motto : Take life easy, you wont leave it alive
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Cim Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:08 am

Woop woop! How about...
*check calendar*

For those not working: lunch time, monday 28 July?

that's the only time I can pull off before the cabin weekend (august 1-3).
Cim
Cim
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Serbiansword Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:05 am

Awesome! Should I wear my black tuxedo? lol!
Serbiansword
Serbiansword
Honorable Guest
Honorable Guest

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sessifet Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 am

baba I'm working at that time, and you know that you cannot make it without me killing all the hordes ShootEm
Sessifet
Sessifet
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 7231
Motto : The FISH tank

Back to top Go down

Post  Aphzael Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Exciting world pvp! :O
Aphzael
Aphzael
Phunky Phoenix
Phunky Phoenix

Male
Number of posts : 499
Motto : Shadow Priests never die! We just go to hell and regroup!
Registration date : 2008-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sessifet Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 pm

nono horde city raids, isn't part of the exciting world PvP, atleast not in the sense as Blizzard promoted the exciting new world PvP back in the days, which only is the PvP objectives in the different zones.

Horde city raids on the other hand is GRRREEEEEAAAAAAATTTT
Sessifet
Sessifet
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aphzael Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:33 pm

And from a tactical point of view, the suggested route of approach more or less makes the whole idea of a surprise attack mote.

Just the act of attacking that base, and taking control of the zeppelin tower, kind of screams out in advance where you are going. And then going from the landing in Tirisfal Glades to the back yard, also makes things kinda obvious.

I would rather say, to start the gathering in Menethil Harbor, and from there go by air to South Shore, and from South Shore we go towards Tirisfal across the lake, and up to the back entrance.

Also, I would suggest using some rogues/druids using stealth to perhaps 20 minutes or so prior to attacking the main target, do spread out attacks on various horde interests throughout the continent, making it seem like an attack is taking place there, or perhaps fool them into thinking there is just another rogue attack on UC as well. Either time we would buy ourselves way before a substancial counter attack from the Horde could be made.

Last edited by Aphzael on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical Nazi)
Aphzael
Aphzael
Phunky Phoenix
Phunky Phoenix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sessifet Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:42 pm

there really isn't that many people in the orc base in STV, last time I think we met one low lvl, and it takes no time to take that base and get to the zeppelin, having 40 lvl 70 running from southshore to undercity also kindda gives it away IMHO.

/Sessi
Sessifet
Sessifet
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhoff Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:03 pm

I once took the zepperlin alone with Jhoff, so it is not that long a fight to take the base, and even though a horde should be there, he will not be able to warn anyone in general chat because he's not inside the city. Last but not least, the route is very quick apposed to running from southshore (don't see the point in meeting up in Menethill before Southshore)
Jhoff
Jhoff
Spambot Phoenix
Spambot Phoenix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cim Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 pm

weeeeeee I hope we can do it!
I say whoever is online to tell us what to do, gets to decide the tactics big grin
Cim
Cim
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Serbiansword Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Ppl, here's my suggestion. We move in the groups of 3 from the WPL to the UC cave entrance. Every group should w8 for 3-5 minutes before heading to the cave. No zeppelin rides because that's to risky and can result in ppl falling from the zeppelin because of the fucken goblins ShootEm
Or, we should make 2 grps, 1 that will come from WPL and 1 from Southshore. Anyway, just remember the most important thing: KILL THE CIVILIANS BECAUSE THEY CALL GUARDS!

P.S

But, Tirisfal Glades are really empty area, I mean whenever I'm there there's like 3% chance to encounter lvl 70 horde, so maybe we could just rush to the cave without any secrecy.
Serbiansword
Serbiansword
Honorable Guest
Honorable Guest

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sessifet Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:13 pm

hmmm yes actually you are right Serbiansword, didn't they implement guards on the zeppelins and boats since this tactic was posted?

In the old days the goblins on the zeppelins didn't attack, if they still don't I think that this tactic is the easiest and most fun Smile

/Sessi
Sessifet
Sessifet
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jhoff Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:28 pm

The goblins standing at the towers from where the zeppelins fly, are shooting alliance down from the ships. I know cause I tried it during the midsummer festival
Jhoff
Jhoff
Spambot Phoenix
Spambot Phoenix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aphzael Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:31 pm

Jhoff wrote:I once took the zepperlin alone with Jhoff, so it is not that long a fight to take the base, and even though a horde should be there, he will not be able to warn anyone in general chat because he's not inside the city. Last but not least, the route is very quick apposed to running from southshore (don't see the point in meeting up in Menethill before Southshore)

Horde have a much greater organization than Alliance has.

I draw my experiences from a rather fucked up raid to Ogrimmar in which the Night Sentinels took part in, it lead basically nowhere because of time wasted, and not enough speed nor distraction taken place in the raid.

I can agree with going from WPL is a better choice perhaps than going from SS, or split it up in different groups coming from each direction.

Attacking different places with rogues etc etc always gives the "Bla bla bla is under attack message" and giving them a few of these back and forth prior to actually hitting UC might make em think that its just another pointless rouge harassing attack.

Just my input on the whole matter, but a lot of the ingredients for a successful raid lies within surprise.
Aphzael
Aphzael
Phunky Phoenix
Phunky Phoenix

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down